Maximizing the body’s ability to resist stress, it enables the body to reserve and sustain vital energy throughout the day while promoting sound, restful sleep at night.
It is considered one of the best herbs for calming vata and for revitalizing the male reproductive system.
Used by both men and women, it maintains proper nourishment of the tissues, particularly muscle and bone, while supporting proper function of the adrenals.
By Jacob Griscom on May 4, 2015
This potent herb is used to promote muscle strength and to support comfortable joint movement.
It is also used to maintain a healthy libido, for it is said to bestow upon its user the vitality and strength of a horse.
As a rejuvenative, Ashwagandha is particularly useful to seniors and for anyone that would benefit from a nourishing, natural source of energy.
Rejuvenation for Vata & Kapha that Promotes Vitality & Strength
- Increases energy and vitality
- General adaptogen for combating stress
- Assists in calming the mind and promotes restful sleep
- Supports proper function of the adrenals
- Rasa (taste): bitter, astringent, sweet
- Virya (action): heating
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): sweet
- Doshas (constitutions): Balancing for vata and kapha, may aggravate pitta in excess
As a rejuvenative it can be taken throughout the day to boost energy and combat stress.
High ama, not for use by pregnant women
1-2 tablets, once or twice daily, or as directed by your health practitioner.