Shilajit is a natural mineral substance that exudes from the rocks in the Himalaya during the heat of summer. It is a powerful rejuvenative that cleanses the urinary tract and lungs, while bolstering strength and supporting the immune system. It purifies the blood and helps remove excess kapha and natural toxins from the tissues. As an aphrodisiac, it increases vitality and stamina while toning the reproductive organs and supporting their proper function. Shilajit is balancing for all doshas and can also be used to support healthy aging.
By Jacob Griscom on May 11, 2015
Promotes Rejuvenation & Detoxification
- Maintains a healthy urinary tract
- Supports healthy kidneys and lungs
- Supports proper function of the reproductive organs
- Rasa (taste): bitter, salty, pungent, astringent
- Virya (action): heating
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): pungent
- Doshas (constitutions): Balancing for kapha, may aggravate pitta in excess
Under the guidance of a qualified health practitioner, shilajit can be used to support healthy urinary tract function, the kidneys, lungs, the male and female reproductive system, and weight management.
Hypoglycemia; use with care during pregnancy
1-2 tablets, once or twice daily, or as directed by your health practitioner.