Obesity is one of the most dreaded lifestyle ailments today and is spreading like an epidemic all across the world. Owing to slavery to the taste buds and lethargic living conditions, being obese and overweight is affecting all age groups and either sex. The main problem with weight gain is that not only does it affect the confidence and mental stability of the obese person (making him easy target to mockery), overweight and obesity lays foundation of many other serious diseases. No doubt, weight loss is much sought after by one and all.
Weight Loss in Ayurvedic Dosha Types
According to Ayurveda philosophy, Kapha type of individual (having more of water and earth in their constitution) is more likely to gain weight easily. Although, the Vata types having more of air and ether, would generally be skinny and devoid of much fat. The fire types or Pitta dosha personalities who are generally gifted with proportional body weight, could be gaining weight just in case they lose their balance.
In the case of weight gain or obesity, it is believed that the Kapha dosha gets accumulated which further slows down the fat metabolism and leads to the disease of obesity. Therefore, Ayurveda believes that of the three basic dosha types, those people who have more of Kaha dosha in their system generally have a low BMR and gain weight easily. Thus, for weight loss, the Kapha types need to be more strict and careful with themselves both in the terms of diet intake and undertaking exercise routine.
Ayurvedic Tips for Weight loss
- So as to bring down the body weight, or the Medha dhatu, it is regarded essential to practice daily exercise not only of the body, but also of the mind.
- Many Yoga exercises have been specified for the purpose of easy weight loss. Also, there are deep breathing exercises, or Pranayama, which can be undertaken so as to accelerate your weight loss program.
- The habit of sleeping in the daytime is to be discouraged.
- Dry massages and enemas prove helpful for weight loss.
- The weight loss dry massage technique which is called as Udvartana is an effective remedy for weight gain and obesity. It provides weight loss, tones the skin, removes cellulite, loosens fat molecules and eliminates them from the sub-cutaneous level and removes Kapha toxins from the body.
- A glass of lukewarm water along with a few drops of lemon juice and half a teaspoon honey is to be taken on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.