Health Benefits of Indian gooseberry (Amla)
Indian gooseberry (Amla) is an extensively used herb in making Ayurvedic medicines. It is a natural anti-oxidant and is supposed to rejuvenate all the organ systems of the body, provide strength and wellness. Amla is one of the richest natural sources of vitamin C, its fresh juice containing nearly twenty times as much vitamin C as orange juice.
Health benefits of Indian gooseberry are:
• It acts as an effective natural cure for indigestion, acidity, constipation, gastric troubles, and flatulence.
• It is helpful in improving liver function.
• It helps in lowering cholesterol and blood sugar level.
• Lowers the risk of cold, cough and other infections of respiratory tract.
• It provides nourishment to the nerves and is helpful in paralytic conditions.
• It also works as brain tonic and helps to alertness and memory.dr.sharib azmi
• It also acts as anti-inflammatory agent thereby suppresses pain and swelling.
• Amla finds great application in improving eyesight.
• It also improves general health weakness and makes our body’s immune system strong therefore help to fight diseases.
• Helps to improve immunity.
• It is very helpful in skin diseases.
• Protects from bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
• Helps to accelerate the wound healing process.
• Protects the body from radiation.
• Helps to reduce the risk of cancers.
• Amla is most useful treatment of ulcers and hyperacidity.
Source: Full of Beans Magazine